Hello, we are from Algae AquaTech. We are a startup company based in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. We aim to produce ready-to-use concentrated microalgae to help increase the aquaculture production of fish, shrimp, crab, and bivalves in Malaysia. This campaign is done to collect funding for Algae AquaTech to buy raw materials and equipment to start up our business.
You Can Help and Be Part of Our Journey
Your support will be used to increase our microalgae production by buying standing column culture tanks (Figure 1) so that can have more efficient and systematic management of culturing process. Besides that, the volume of culture produced also can be tripled.
Figure 1: Outdoor cultivation of Nannochloropsis sp. in a 200 L standing column
More detailed costing:
1. Culture room equipment including standing column culture tank, water gallons, air pump, and culture lamp = RM 4,000
2. Raw materials for microalgae culture media = RM6,000
Total fund needed = RM10,000
Our Impact to The Community
1. Small and Medium Enterprise owners in aquaculture will get cheaper and faster options to obtain microalgae for their reared animals.
2. Unemployed people, as we will offer job opportunities to the locals.
3. Government agencies such as DoF because microalgae production locally will reduce dependency on imported microalgae products.
Risks & Challenges
We have limited access to basic equipment such as culture tanks and culturing space. In addition, while microalgae have a wide range of applications in Malaysia, there is limited market knowledge of the need for microalgae production to meet local demand.
Therefore, with this fund, we will be able to add more equipment to increase production. Also, we plan to educate the public about the potential uses of microalgae in aquaculture that can be a source of income.
Figure 2: Indoor cultivation of Nannochloropsis sp. in a 2 L flask
Other Ways You Can Help
Head to our Facebook page and website to book for consultation slot and get discount codes
You can also help by spreading the news about us!
Thank you for the time taken to read our business journey. We greatly appreciate your support and contribution in making our dream come true.